Getting your Travel Blog seen can be a challenge, but can also be very rewarding. Here are some tips to help promote your blog.
Get links to your travel blog
Incoming links will boost your rankings in google. Try to target a particular keyword people may use to find your blog, such as "mauritius travel", and use this as the anchor text for some links. Some ways to get incoming keyword links are:
- Through social bookmark sites such as Folkd, propeller, snipsly etc. Try to have your keyword in the title of the bookmark, as this will form the anchor text. Bookmark your new blogposts on several different social bookmark sites.
- Through niche directories. Submit your site to niche travel blog directories, such as wetravel2.org. These will give you a backlink from a related site.
- Blog Comments. Comment on other travel blogs, build up a community of fellow travel bloggers. Once you become familiar with each other, you can do things like guest posts on each others blogs in exhange for a link, and drive traffic between each others blogs. You can find lots of potential blogging partners at our own wetravel2.org travel directory. (shameless plug, we know!!).
The best way to build links is to keep it up regularly, it is better to do a few links a week every week than 100 at once, then none at all for months. And have patience, it takes time for the search engines to pick up links.
And of course, write interesting content that people will want to link to naturallly.
Other articles you may be interested in
- Travel Blog Directory - submit your site!
- New spin on guest posts
- Retweet this to get a pr4 travel link
- A couple of travel sites accepting guest posts
- Why I use Joomla for blogging
- Your 7 night Ibiza 2010 clubbing plan
- The Biggest Mistake Most Travel Blogs Make
- Writers block Part 2
- The worst guest post I have ever been sent
- What to focus on when promoting your blog
- The Falkland Islands
- Discovering Canada
- Things I hate about bloggers and blogging:
- Stop copying other bloggers!
- The Safest World Cities for Tourists
- Why posts about blogging will not get you rich
- New facebook features blah blah blah
- Support Passports With Purpose
- A visit to Sin City
- Top 5 activities for a great hen weekend in Barcelona.
- 5 Reasons to Drive Yourself to the Airport
- The best places to shop in Melbourne
- What to do before heading off on a backpacking adventure
- Weekend in Las Vegas
- 4 Free Wi-Fi Finder Apps for the Digital Vagabond
- 3 of the Best Places for a Family Safari in Africa
- Dirt Cheap Airline Tickets
- Why York has Something For Everyone
- 5 Good Reasons to Visit Lanzarote
- What Makes a Great Melbourne Experience?
- Where is the Best Place to Pop the Question, Unconventionally
- 5 Ways to prepare for your Ski Holiday
- Learning a foreign language – how I did it
- Cheap but Fancy Hotels to Try in New York City
- Top world surf holiday destina...
I really appreciated this article! Surf holidays a... More...
- Top 10 Holiday Spots in India
I'd love to visit India and found your article rea... More...
- Live Performance Shows in NYC ...
Spring is the month for jazz festivals – the River... More...
- Autumn Travel Ideas
I think Dubai is a place where you can visit in Au... More...
- Top 10 Holiday Spots in India
This is a great article here. India always looked ... More...