Few things are more important than spending quality one-on-one time with your family in the great outdoors. Whether your family is into camping, fishing, hiking or swimming, there is definitely a travel destination that will fit your specific needs or desires. Before you head off to any old travel destination, first make sure you glean a viable or trusted amount of travel information or tourism information about the site beforehand. Many sites or travel establishments will provide free travel information if asked politely.
Yosemite National Park. Few parks can compare to the majestic Yosemite National Park. Located in the Sierra Nevada of California, Yosemite National Park offers families an ample amount of history and culture. Biking, camping, hiking, rock climbing, picnicking, bird watching and horseback riding are a few popular activities offered at the awe-inspiring Yosemite National Park.
Chattooga River. If your family enjoys fishing, consider a trip to the Chattooga River. The Chattooga River is a free-flowing river that separates Georgia and South Carolina. It features a wide variety of streams, creeks, ponds and lakes. If you tire of catching fish, don't worry, rafting, kayaking, canoeing and horseback riding are a few activities commonly enjoyed by visitors along the Chattooga River.
Fernandina Beach. Few beaches are as fun or are as family friendly as Fernandina Beach. Located on Amelia Island near Jacksonville, Florida, Fernandina beach is perfect for the small or large family. If your family loves fishing and swimming, you're definitely going to want to add this beach to your "top beaches to visit" list! Besides offering a stunning beach environment, Amelia Island also offers a close-knit community, full of antique stores and bakeries nestled in between surf shops and fine eateries. Be sure to visit the Amelia Island Coffee and Ice Cream Shop for a delicious ice cream cone before you leave! If your family owns a dog, don't worry, you can bring Fido along on your trip to Amelia Island as Fernandina beach currently welcomes friendly dogs.
Yellowstone National Park. If you consider your family hard-core camping enthusiasts, a visit to Yellowstone National Park is a must. Not only does Yellowstone National Park feature spectacularly stunning views, but it also features attractive, inexpensive campsites. If you want to allow your family the opportunity to experience all the natural wonders that make up Yellowstone National Park, consider extending your visit.
If you don't want to travel too far from home, consider picking up a local travel guidebook to help you plan your next family outing. A local guidebook will usually contain details or descriptions of fun outdoor activities or destinations specifically found or offered in your neighborhood. You can glean additional travel information or tourism information at your local community center or park. Many parks provide free information or resources to individuals looking for that perfect family outing.
Other articles you may be interested in
- Sites I use to find the cheapest flights
- How to Get Your Travel Writing Published
- 10 Reasons to Visit San Diego During Winter
- Quick Guide to Lanzarote
- 5 Reasons to Drive Yourself to the Airport
- Picking Up a Bargain in Sharm El Sheikh
- 4 Experiences to make you feel tiny
- Things to do in Cabo Frio
- The best places to shop in Melbourne
- Five of the World’s most Luxurious Train Journeys
- Anyone can go caving
- How To Minimize Banking Fees When Overseas
- Things to do in Reunion Island, Indian ocean
- Tee-Time in Mauritius
- Top world surf holiday destinations
- Top 5 things to do in Mauritius
- Swimming in Mauritius
- The 8 Best Travel Accessories and Companions for Travellers
- Spa retreats: travel the world, without the trepidation
- 5 Must-See Attractions in Majorca
- Road Tripping across New Zealand
- 6 Ways You Can Travel The World For Free
- Australia’s Cutest Towns
- 7 Sights to See in Australia
- 3 Solo Travel Tips
- The Cathedral of Amalfi: more than a century of history not to miss out on
- Five of Andalusia's Protected Areas that Must be Seen
- Winter holiday in Barcelona
- Volunteer opportunities abroad is a chance to observe more of the world
- Top world surf holiday destina...
I really appreciated this article! Surf holidays a... More...
- Top 10 Holiday Spots in India
I'd love to visit India and found your article rea... More...
- Live Performance Shows in NYC ...
Spring is the month for jazz festivals – the River... More...
- Autumn Travel Ideas
I think Dubai is a place where you can visit in Au... More...
- Top 10 Holiday Spots in India
This is a great article here. India always looked ... More...