Backpacking around Europe or other areas of the world is something a lot of people consider doing, but there are some things you need to do before heading off on your adventure.
Firstly, before you do anything - set a budget. Think about how much you'll need for the basics, such as transport and accommodation. Then, think about what you'll need to feed yourself every day, clothe yourself and occupy yourself. It's no good buying a round-the-world plane ticket, getting to your destination then not being able to eat anything because you've run out of cash.
Next, decide where you want to go specifically. Do you fancy going around the world, or sticking to a continent, like Europe? Then make a plan regarding the order in which you'll visit each place, for example: London, Paris, Hungary, Germany, Italy, Austria then Switzerland. If you're stuck on how to do this, why not research festivals or music events happening in each place, then structure your trip around them?
Thirdly, you'll need to find the cheapest way in which to get around. Will aero plane be best? If so, hunt for cheap flights. Or if you think rail, bus or tram will be easier, then have a look to find the best deals on these types of transport. If you're a student, under the age of 25 or over the age of 65, you might be able to get some sort of discount - so don't be afraid to ask.
Travel documents are the next step. Will you need a visa? If you plan to work you definitely will, and for some countries, you just need one in order to gain entry. Don't forget your backpackers' travel insurance! This is crucial, as if anything happens to you, you'll need some security and a plan you can fall back on.
Think about your passport as well. If you haven't used it in a while, it may be out of date. Even if it still has four or five months left on it, some countries won't let you in without at least six months' use, so check this out.
Other articles you may be interested in
- Travel Blog Directory - submit your site!
- Tips for promoting a Travel Blog
- New spin on guest posts
- Retweet this to get a pr4 travel link
- A couple of travel sites accepting guest posts
- Why I use Joomla for blogging
- Your 7 night Ibiza 2010 clubbing plan
- The Biggest Mistake Most Travel Blogs Make
- Writers block Part 2
- The Falkland Islands
- Discovering Canada
- The Safest World Cities for Tourists
- A visit to Sin City
- Top 5 activities for a great hen weekend in Barcelona.
- 5 Reasons to Drive Yourself to the Airport
- The best places to shop in Melbourne
- Road Tripping across New Zealand
- Weekend in Las Vegas
- 4 Free Wi-Fi Finder Apps for the Digital Vagabond
- 3 of the Best Places for a Family Safari in Africa
- Dirt Cheap Airline Tickets
- Why York has Something For Everyone
- 5 Good Reasons to Visit Lanzarote
- What Makes a Great Melbourne Experience?
- Where is the Best Place to Pop the Question, Unconventionally
- 5 Ways to prepare for your Ski Holiday
- Learning a foreign language – how I did it
- Cheap but Fancy Hotels to Try in New York City
- Top world surf holiday destina...
I really appreciated this article! Surf holidays a... More...
- Top 10 Holiday Spots in India
I'd love to visit India and found your article rea... More...
- Live Performance Shows in NYC ...
Spring is the month for jazz festivals – the River... More...
- Autumn Travel Ideas
I think Dubai is a place where you can visit in Au... More...
- Top 10 Holiday Spots in India
This is a great article here. India always looked ... More...