Top Ten Brisbane Weekend Escapes
When it comes to Australia’s golden cities, Brisbane certainly comes in at the top of the charts. Nestled between Queensland’s Gold and Sunshine Coasts, Brisbane is a destination that should be on everyone’s to-do lists. Whether you want to explore the wonderful cultural heritage of Brisbane or simply soak in the sun as you lounge on one of the several miles of golden-white beaches, there’s no denying that Brisbane is an action-packed city with a little something for everyone.
But what if you’re looking to escape the crowds of Brisbane? What if you’re looking for a traveling experience that’s completely unique, yet still local enough for you and your travel buddies to visit over the weekend?
We’ve already highlighted Brisbane’s amazing location – and that’s really going to come in handy when planning weekend trips. Whether you’re after sun-drenched afternoons on the beach or up for exploring some of Australia’s most picturesque scenery, we’ve done the dirty work for you and outlined the top ten Brisbane weekend escapes.
So what are you waiting for? Grab a suitcase, grab your friends and starting planning the Brisbane weekend escape of a lifetime!
1. The Sunshine Coast is one of the most beautiful and infamous sites of Australia. Miles of sun-kissed beaches meet the Coral Sea in a symphony of turquoise waves and swaying palm trees.In fact, tourists and locals alike often regard the Sunshine Coast as paradise on earth. So if you want to spend some time away from the city and unleash your inner sun-bathing beauty, head north of Brisbane to find the Sunshine Coast.
2. If you’re looking to head south of Brisbane, then the Gold Coast is sure to please. Like its Sunshine counterpart, the Gold Coast is renowned for beautiful sandy beaches, fun aquatic sports and a relaxed way of life that just can’t be beat.
3. North Stradbroke Island, which is a short ferry ride away from Brisbane’s city shores, is a wonderful place to get to know the marine life that makes up Australia. From massive sea turtles to inquisitive humpback whales, you’re sure to spot several unique creatures as soon as you dock at North Stradbroke Island.
4. While Deception Bay may have an especially intriguing name, don’t let that put you off from visiting, as you’ll miss out on quaint coastal towns that dot one of Brisbane’s biggest bays. You can opt to stay in a major resort, or wing it by staying in a small beachside cabin for an experience that’s truly unmissable.
5. Moreton National Park is a national treasure due to its unique natural beauty and pristine views. You can take a short boat ride over to the island, where you’ll immediately be greeted by staggering views of lush landscapes and vibrant marine life.
6. If you want to spend time at a different national park, then head just 110 km north of Brisbane to experience Lamington National Park, one of the Gold Coast’s most famous national parks. Lamington National Park is renowned for its staggering collection of rainforests, jungles, wildlife and other views that make Australia so special.
7. Are you lugging around the kids for the week? Are they tired of trekking to restaurant after restaurant? If that’s the case, why not do something a little more kid friendly by taking themto Movieworld Theme Park. Your kids will enjoy acting out their favorite movies, while you and your partner will enjoy the break you get from their complaining. It’s a win-win scenario for everyone.
8. Speaking of which, SeaWorld Theme Park is a must-see if you’re in the Brisbane area and are looking for a weekend getaway. SeaWorld plays host to a menagerie of aquatic animals that are sure to delight and astound travelers of all ages. You can even opt to swim with dolphins – it just doesn’t get any more Australian than that.
9. If you’re in the Brisbane area, don’t forget to visit nearby Fraser Island, which is a wonderful place to take in the Great Barrier Reef in all its beauty. Fraser Island is perfect for low-key travelers who want to get away from the hustle of Brisbane, or for backpackers who want to experience a tropical paradise firsthand.
10. Finally, no visit to Brisbane would be complete without a weekend trip to Bribie Island, which is yet another fine example of how famous Brisbane is for its beaches. Take a ferry and spend the day out there with your family, or reserve a spot at a campground sit to sleep out under the stars.
Kristy writes for Drive My Car Rentals a new peer to peer car rentals community, where you can save up to 60% on the cost of traditional car rental companies. Whether you’re seeking car rentals in Brisbane or Darwin, DriveMyCarRentals.com.au have something for everyone.
- Top world surf holiday destina...
I really appreciated this article! Surf holidays a... More...
- Top 10 Holiday Spots in India
I'd love to visit India and found your article rea... More...
- Live Performance Shows in NYC ...
Spring is the month for jazz festivals – the River... More...
- Autumn Travel Ideas
I think Dubai is a place where you can visit in Au... More...
- Top 10 Holiday Spots in India
This is a great article here. India always looked ... More...