Africa has all the ingredients for a special family holiday like no other. The chance to see some of Africa’s most iconic scenery and wildlife is a once in a lifetime experience and is guaranteed to be one of the best family vacations you will ever take. Here are 3 of the best places for a family safari in Africa:
The Masai Mara, Kenya
The Masai Mara is probably the most famous safari destination in Africa. The vast open plains dotted with acacia trees are teeming with wildlife and birdlife and the scenery is breath-taking. One of the best times to visit the Mara is during the Wildebeest Migration where over 2 million wildebeest, zebra and gazelle embark upon a 1000 mile journey from the Masai Mara to the Serengeti in Tanzania in search of fresh water and grazing. This is one of the greatest wildlife shows on the planet and seeing it as a family will be mesmerising. The Mara has some superb family friendly safari lodges with one of the best being Cottars 1920’s Camp situated in the heart of the Mara. Cottars is a stylish and authentic safari camp with traditional canvas tents and classic East African furnishings. Along with a quality service and delicious food, the camp offers a range of exciting activities during the day and evening including animal tracking, walking safaris and game drives.
The Okavango Delta, Botswana
One of the main highlights of Botswana is the Okavango Delta. This is the world’s largest inland delta, an intricate labyrinth of waterways fed by the Okavango River that runs inland instead of to the sea. Huge herds of elephant and buffalo congregate here along with the big cat family, wild dog and hyena, making it the perfect place for game viewing on a family safari. To protect this fragile region, there are just few luxurious camps, reachable by small planes. One of the best family camps here is Little Kwara Camp. Set on a private reserve at the edge of the Okavango Deltas waters and bordering the Moremi Game Reserve, the camp consists of four large en suite tents with shaded verandas and a swimming pool. There are a number of activities available for the family with the most popular being mekoro trips in the Delta waters.
Madikwe Game Reserve, South Africa
South Africa is an appealing choice for a family safari due to the amount of malaria free reserves there are. The malaria-free and family friendly Madikwe Game Reserve in the North West province of the country boasts some spectacular scenery and is home to an array of wildlife including the Big Five. More than 300 species of bird are resident here too. Madikwe Hills is a luxury safari lodge offering a fantastic African adventure for all the family. With ten suites and a private camp, the lodge offers absolute privacy and impressive views across the landscape. As well as a range of activities available, you can take part in bush dinners and there is a kids’ club that allows children to get involved with arts and crafts and cooking.
Africa Exclusive is a luxury tour operator specializing in luxury safari vacations to Africa and the Indian Ocean.
Other articles you may be interested in
- Travel Blog Directory - submit your site!
- Tips for promoting a Travel Blog
- New spin on guest posts
- Retweet this to get a pr4 travel link
- A couple of travel sites accepting guest posts
- Why I use Joomla for blogging
- Your 7 night Ibiza 2010 clubbing plan
- The Biggest Mistake Most Travel Blogs Make
- Writers block Part 2
- The Falkland Islands
- Discovering Canada
- The Safest World Cities for Tourists
- A visit to Sin City
- 5 Super-Romantic Activities in Kaikoura, NZ
- Top 5 activities for a great hen weekend in Barcelona.
- 5 Reasons to Drive Yourself to the Airport
- Tokyo: A Land of Revival
- The best places to shop in Melbourne
- What to do before heading off on a backpacking adventure
- Weekend in Las Vegas
- 4 Free Wi-Fi Finder Apps for the Digital Vagabond
- Dirt Cheap Airline Tickets
- Why York has Something For Everyone
- 5 Good Reasons to Visit Lanzarote
- What Makes a Great Melbourne Experience?
- Where is the Best Place to Pop the Question, Unconventionally
- Winter holiday in Barcelona
- 5 Ways to prepare for your Ski Holiday
- Les Deux Alpes hotel and ski facility overview
- Why Not Holiday to Alcudia This Summer?
- Space Tourism: A New Kind of Travel
- Learning a foreign language – how I did it
- Top 5 Reasons to Visit Bali
- Cheap but Fancy Hotels to Try in New York City
- Some of the Friendliest Countries to Visit for Your Next Holiday
- Planning family holidays in Stockholm
- Top world surf holiday destina...
I really appreciated this article! Surf holidays a... More...
- Top 10 Holiday Spots in India
I'd love to visit India and found your article rea... More...
- Live Performance Shows in NYC ...
Spring is the month for jazz festivals – the River... More...
- Autumn Travel Ideas
I think Dubai is a place where you can visit in Au... More...
- Top 10 Holiday Spots in India
This is a great article here. India always looked ... More...