If you´re planning a break abroad this year then take a closer look at Lanzarote. As there are plenty of good reasons for visiting this Spanish owned island – which is part of the Canarian archipelago – located just off the North West Coast of Africa.Wonderful Weather
If you´re looking for a sun packed break then Lanzarote should head your list of possible destinations. Thanks to the island´s location the climate here is simply superb and is often likened to an eternal spring. Indeed in centuries past the Canaries were often refered to as the Fortunate Islands for this very reason.
During the winter months you can enjoys days on the beach with temperatures reaching well into the low 20´s Celsius. Whilst in the summer months the mercury can rise as high as 35 degrees. Best of all there is hardly ever any rain – providing a great contrast to the damp and gloomy climate of the UK.
What´s a holiday without some great beaches to visit? Lanzarote certainly won’t disappoint as there are about 90 beaches here. Many first time visitors expect to find black sand beaches as these are common in the Canaries thanks to their volcanic origin. But that isn’t the case on Lanzarote – and here you can relax on golden sands.
Some sunshine holiday destinations can be – dare we say it – a little bit dull. Take away the weather and there isn’t really much to do. Lanzarote though is nothing like that. As here there are some really incredible visitor attractions, such as the Timanfaya National Park – home to some of the world’s most amazing volcanic scenery. Or the Valley of 1000 Palms, a giant swaying oasis of Canarian palms located in the north of the island.
Lanzarote is also big on unique man made attractions as well as natural wonders. Visit the former home of the local artist Cesar Manrique, built over five bubbles in the lava flow – and you´ll be blown away. Or take in a trip around Teguise, the historic former capital of Lanzarote and home to some ancient architecture dating back to the early 1400´s.
Lanzarote has been welcoming tourists for over fifty years and a as result accommodation standards here are pretty high. You can take your choice from a wide selection of Lanzarote villas – most of which are based in the main holiday resorts. Or check out the growing number of rural options, such as the Finca de Arrieta in the north of the island, where guests can stay in luxury yurts and enjoy organic fruit and veg from the farms own gardens.
Easy To Explore
Lanzarote is a small island – you can drive from one end to the other in about an hour – and this makes exploring it very easy. Petrol is cheap – as is car hire in Lanzarote – so getting around is both easy and affordable.
Other articles you may be interested in
- Travel Blog Directory - submit your site!
- Tips for promoting a Travel Blog
- New spin on guest posts
- Retweet this to get a pr4 travel link
- A couple of travel sites accepting guest posts
- Why I use Joomla for blogging
- Your 7 night Ibiza 2010 clubbing plan
- The Biggest Mistake Most Travel Blogs Make
- Writers block Part 2
- The Falkland Islands
- Discovering Canada
- The Safest World Cities for Tourists
- A visit to Sin City
- 5 Super-Romantic Activities in Kaikoura, NZ
- Top 5 activities for a great hen weekend in Barcelona.
- 5 Reasons to Drive Yourself to the Airport
- Tokyo: A Land of Revival
- The best places to shop in Melbourne
- What to do before heading off on a backpacking adventure
- Exploring César´s Empire
- How To Make Your Vacation Money Go A Little Further
- Weekend in Las Vegas
- The Cathedral of Amalfi: more than a century of history not to miss out on
- Amsterdam’s Top 5 Museums
- 4 Free Wi-Fi Finder Apps for the Digital Vagabond
- 3 of the Best Places for a Family Safari in Africa
- Dirt Cheap Airline Tickets
- Why York has Something For Everyone
- What Makes a Great Melbourne Experience?
- Where is the Best Place to Pop the Question, Unconventionally
- Winter holiday in Barcelona
- 5 Ways to prepare for your Ski Holiday
- Les Deux Alpes hotel and ski facility overview
- Why Not Holiday to Alcudia This Summer?
- Space Tourism: A New Kind of Travel
- Learning a foreign language – how I did it
- Top 5 Reasons to Visit Bali
- Cheap but Fancy Hotels to Try in New York City
- Some of the Friendliest Countries to Visit for Your Next Holiday
- Planning family holidays in Stockholm
- Top world surf holiday destina...
I really appreciated this article! Surf holidays a... More...
- Top 10 Holiday Spots in India
I'd love to visit India and found your article rea... More...
- Live Performance Shows in NYC ...
Spring is the month for jazz festivals – the River... More...
- Autumn Travel Ideas
I think Dubai is a place where you can visit in Au... More...
- Top 10 Holiday Spots in India
This is a great article here. India always looked ... More...