Barcelona is one of the most touristic cities in the world where you might find the perfect combination of the places that you like the most. It is the perfect place where you can spend either a nice trip with your friends or family and you can have a perfect romantic vacation. If you are up for a late winter vacation, you cannot wait for the summer and skiing is not your thing, you might find in Barcelona exactly what you need. During the winter, the temperature is going up to 20 degrees, so you can be sure that you do not have to take with you a big luggage.
And if you are coming for the first time here, it is for sure that it will not be your last time. Barcelona is one of those cities that you can visit, no matters which season, so do not worry about the winter because you might even be able to take a swim in the Mediterranean sea. If you are coming from a cold country you can live your coats at home because you will not need it. You can instead have a nice walk on the Mediterranean beach, have a glass of Sangria and taste the famous tortillas. You will enjoy a lunch on the terrace and spend a nice evening in one of the famous night clubs. Barcelona can be a very enjoyable place especially for woman because of the sales and the shopping that can be made. So, you may want to come in Barcelona during the winter sales. There are two big sales during the year. The first one that is during the winter, from the second week of January and lasts until the end of February. The summer sale begins in the middle of July and lasts until the end of August. Discounts offered can go from 20% to 50% and at the end of each sale up to 70%!
¨Las Ramblas¨ is one of the most famous places for shopping in Barcelona. Here you can enjoy the specific of the city like street performers, painters or buy the most colorful and different souvenirs. Even if the shopping areas are spread all over the city and differ considerably, it depends also on each person tastes. If you want to find all the famous brands like Channel, Armani, Zara, you need to visit Placa Catalunya or Passeig de Gràcia. The Gotic district (Barrí Gotic) offers the visitors a combination of culture and shopping. Here you can find some bizarre antique shops, hand-made souvenirs or small bookstores. And if you want to have fun and make new friends from different countries, Barcelona is the perfect place. You will find foreign supermarkets, international clothes shops and a variety of music stores where you can enjoy the music you like and share it with the people around you.
One of the best things is that Barcelona is one of those places where you can find a very international atmosphere because there are tourist and people from all over the world during the whole year. As soon as you put your feet into the streets of Barcelona you will fell in love with it. Enjoying a winter vacation in this magnificent city will make you forget about the cold and you will be able to enjoy the sun. You can visit it on foot or you can take the sightseeing bus and see the whole city, enjoy the weather. If you are a sportsman you can enjoy a lot of places where you can play your favorite sport outside during the usually ¨cold winter¨. You can also visit the most important places in Barcelona like Sagrada Familia, Aquarium Barcelona, Montjuic, Camp Nou, Barcelona Zoo Park de la Ciutadella, Picasso Museum, La Rambla, Parc Guell, Port Vell and many other places that will surprise you with the amazing architecture and good taste.
It does rain sometimes, but at least you can be sure that you will have a few days of sunshine.
Other articles you may be interested in
- 5 Super-Romantic Activities in Kaikoura, NZ
- Quick Guide to Lanzarote
- 5 Reasons to Drive Yourself to the Airport
- Tokyo: A Land of Revival
- Picking Up a Bargain in Sharm El Sheikh
- Things to do in Cabo Frio
- Five of the World’s most Luxurious Train Journeys
- The American Great outdoors - a family trip
- How To Minimize Banking Fees When Overseas
- Tee-Time in Mauritius
- Top world surf holiday destinations
- Top 5 things to do in Mauritius
- Swimming in Mauritius
- The 8 Best Travel Accessories and Companions for Travellers
- Spa retreats: travel the world, without the trepidation
- 5 Must-See Attractions in Majorca
- 6 Ways You Can Travel The World For Free
- Australia’s Cutest Towns
- How To Make Your Vacation Money Go A Little Further
- Planning a Golf Holiday With Your Family at Your Favorite Golf Courses From Around the World
- 3 Solo Travel Tips
- The Cathedral of Amalfi: more than a century of history not to miss out on
- Amsterdam’s Top 5 Museums
- Five of Andalusia's Protected Areas that Must be Seen
- 3 of the Best Places for a Family Safari in Africa
- Dirt Cheap Airline Tickets
- Why York has Something For Everyone
- 5 Good Reasons to Visit Lanzarote
- What Makes a Great Melbourne Experience?
- 5 Ways to prepare for your Ski Holiday
- Les Deux Alpes hotel and ski facility overview
- Why Not Holiday to Alcudia This Summer?
- Space Tourism: A New Kind of Travel
- Learning a foreign language – how I did it
- Volunteer opportunities abroad is a chance to observe more of the world
- Top 5 Reasons to Visit Bali
- Some of the Friendliest Countries to Visit for Your Next Holiday
- Planning family holidays in Stockholm
- Top world surf holiday destina...
I really appreciated this article! Surf holidays a... More...
- Top 10 Holiday Spots in India
I'd love to visit India and found your article rea... More...
- Live Performance Shows in NYC ...
Spring is the month for jazz festivals – the River... More...
- Autumn Travel Ideas
I think Dubai is a place where you can visit in Au... More...
- Top 10 Holiday Spots in India
This is a great article here. India always looked ... More...