A lot has been said and written about India, but the mere fact is, India is Taj Mahal, India is Sundarbans, India is Bollywood, and India is beautiful.
This tourist paradise has numerous must visit destinations, but the top 10 holiday spots in India are:
- Agra: A trip to India will remain incomplete without visiting Agra. The city, which is not far away from Delhi, is blessed with the masterpiece of Mughal architecture, Taj Mahal. One of the eighth wonders of the world, Taj Mahal was built in 1631, and is considered as a symbol of love.
- Bhopal: Bhopal, the city of Lakes, is considered as one of the greenest cities of India. One can see animals like leopards and many others in Van Vihar National Park, while places like Upper Lake, Lower Lake, Birla Mandir, Bharat Bhawan, Kerwa Dam, Aquarium Building, and one of the largest mosque in Asia Taj-ul-Masajid are the prime tourist attractions of this city.
- Bangalore: Also known as the IT capital of India, Bangalore is known for its parks, temples, pubs and educational institutes. The capital of Karnataka has many interesting places, and some of them are Bengaluru Palace, Tipu Sultan's Palace, UB City, Holy Trinity Church and Brigade Road. One of the must visit destination in this city is Vidhana Soudha, which is the grand building made of granite, and is used as the legislative house of the Karnataka State. While in Bangalore, I would recommend staying at one of the many hotels near old airport road.
- Delhi: Delhi needs no introduction. The capital of India is home to some finest restaurants, shopping malls, gardens, museums, monuments and much more. One can see some of the finest architectures of Mughal civilization in the old city, while New Delhi, which was mainly constructed during the reign of British Empire, reflects the glimpses Buddhist, Hindu and Muslim architecture
- Jaipur: Also known as the Pink City, Jaipur is the perfect place to enjoy the true Indian culture. One of the best planned cities of India has many luxurious and budget friendly hotels to accommodate the large number of tourists, while the museums, local music, parks, forts and royal palaces are more than enough to please the travelers.
- Goa: This beach city is ideal for relaxation, and all those who love sand, sun, water sports and nightlife will love to be in this city that still reflects glimpses of the Portuguese colonial era.
- Ladakh: Known for its huge Buddhist community, Ladakh is a place for those, who adore hiking, mountains, birds and wildlife. This region is located in northern region of the country, and requires some special effort to reach there, but ensures plentiful thrill and fun.
- Mumbai: Mumbai is one of the biggest cities in the world, and is mainly known for its shining film industry. The shopping opportunities, nightlife, cuisine, theaters, beaches, parks, cultural and religious sites are unlimited in this city. This is a perfect place for the family as each member of the family can find things for his own interests.
- Lakshadweep: Lakshadweep is a place, which is famous for fishing and number of water sports. Located in the southwestern coast of India, this group of islands offers a lot of scenic views. However, one needs to avail special permission to visit this place from the state authorities.
- Shimla: Due to its unlimited and incredible views, Shimla clearly stands out among the many breathtaking hill stations of India. Surrounded by the forests of pine, oak and rhododendron, the capital city of Himachal Pradesh is also recognized as a romantic honeymoon spot.
Author: Nat D visited India first in 2003. She has been living in India for the last 6 years teaching yoga to school children. Currently, she is also involved with icliniq, an online doctor consultation in India, which aims to bring healthcare to the poor and rural areas in India.
- Top world surf holiday destina...
I really appreciated this article! Surf holidays a... More...
- Top 10 Holiday Spots in India
I'd love to visit India and found your article rea... More...
- Live Performance Shows in NYC ...
Spring is the month for jazz festivals – the River... More...
- Autumn Travel Ideas
I think Dubai is a place where you can visit in Au... More...
- Top 10 Holiday Spots in India
This is a great article here. India always looked ... More...