The volcanic and unreal landscape makes Lanzarote a holiday destination like no other. The volcanic eruptions that plagued the island between 1730 and 1736 and again in 1824 have shaped the way this Canary Island of Spain looks today. The dramatic landscape is a wonder to many and attracts hoards of visitors to the island each year.
Situated off the coast of Africa, Lanzarote is blessed with all year round sunshine and the 250km of coastline provides it with magnificent beaches. For these reasons this Archipelago makes an ideal location for a beach holiday any time of the year. Though reasonably busy all year round, during the summer you can expect considerably more tourists. However during Easter breaks, Christmas holidays and any other half term gaps you can expect many families to visit. Therefore if you aren’t travelling with your family you might want to choose to travel outside of these periods.
Being a reasonably short flight away for people living in Mainland Spain, Morocco, the UK and Germany, there is no wonder why Lanzarote is popular destination for tourists from these countries. Most tourists can expect to fly into the capital city of Arrecife and then travel onwards to one of many holiday resorts found in the south of the island. In particular the most popular beaches and hotels can be located in the three main regions of Playa Blanca, Costa Teguise and Puerto del Carmen. All of which provide plenty of recreational activities for you and your family.
However you don’t need to stick to your beach resort as there are many places of interest. In the south west you will find Timanfaya National Park where you can visit El Golfo and find old lava fields and unique rock formations. In the north you will find Jardín De Cactus otherwise known as the Cactus Garden which houses over 10,000 different types of cactus. Besides these there are many more interesting places you shouldn’t miss.
Though you can find various bus services and private tour guides to take you on excursions to these places of interest, car hire in Lanzarote is a popular and convenient way to travel and explore the wonders of Lanzarote. However because of the popularity of car hire in the peak seasons, it is a good idea to plan ahead and book early.
Overall this small island is packed full of surprises and will provide you and your family with lots of things to do. The all year round weather, beaches and interesting landscape will make your vacation one to remember.
Guest Bio: This article was written by Chris who also writes Travel Guidess for MyTravelCorner.co.uk
Other articles you may be interested in
- Blogengage, a great site for promoting your blog
- New spin on guest posts
- Excellent beginners guide to SEO
- Don´t be such a stingy git
- Maximise responses when asking for content exchanges
- The Safest World Cities for Tourists
- Support Passports With Purpose
- Submit a guest post
- A visit to Sin City
- Arctic Cruise for 2011 What to See
- Events In Rome
- 5 Reasons to Drive Yourself to the Airport
- Picking Up a Bargain in Sharm El Sheikh
- 4 Experiences to make you feel tiny
- Things to do in Cabo Frio
- Five of the World’s most Luxurious Train Journeys
- Four must try national dishes from around the world
- Anyone can go caving
- The American Great outdoors - a family trip
- How To Minimize Banking Fees When Overseas
- Tee-Time in Mauritius
- Top world surf holiday destinations
- Top 5 things to do in Mauritius
- Swimming in Mauritius
- The 8 Best Travel Accessories and Companions for Travellers
- Spa retreats: travel the world, without the trepidation
- 5 Must-See Attractions in Majorca
- 6 Ways You Can Travel The World For Free
- Australia’s Cutest Towns
- 3 Solo Travel Tips
- The Cathedral of Amalfi: more than a century of history not to miss out on
- Five of Andalusia's Protected Areas that Must be Seen
- Winter holiday in Barcelona
- Volunteer opportunities abroad is a chance to observe more of the world
- Top world surf holiday destina...
I really appreciated this article! Surf holidays a... More...
- Top 10 Holiday Spots in India
I'd love to visit India and found your article rea... More...
- Live Performance Shows in NYC ...
Spring is the month for jazz festivals – the River... More...
- Autumn Travel Ideas
I think Dubai is a place where you can visit in Au... More...
- Top 10 Holiday Spots in India
This is a great article here. India always looked ... More...