There are plenty of ways to get to the airport on departure day; whether you persuade a friend to drive you, take a taxi or brave public transport but the very best way is to drive yourself. People often shy away from driving to the airport for fear of huge parking charges and nightmare transfers, but this simply isn’t the case. There are a fantastic range of Heathrow airport parking options. Here are five reasons to opt for a self-drive start to your holiday...
1. It’s cheap
No longer does the cost of parking your car have to rival the cost of flying to the Costa del Sol because websites like holidayextras.co.uk offer great prices. Pre-book a parking space and you could pay as little as £7.10 a day or £56.80 for eight days; with such low parking prices driving to the airport makes sense. If you don’t book ahead it is expensive though, the same space will be up to £20 a day and that’s far too much to pay for the pleasure of parking your car. So book ahead and enjoy your drive to the airport.
2. It’s reliable
When you’ve got a check-in time to make the last thing you need is to be at the mercy of someone else’s timetable. Much better is to take your own car so you can leave when you want to, plan your journey so you have plenty of time and generally be in control so you know you’ll get there on time. Some companies offer a Traffic Assistant upgrade to your parking package. You’ll get texts about traffic conditions on your route so you won’t get bogged down in queues. So there’s no need to rely on a favour from a friend or worse still the famously delay-prone public transport. Drive and you’re in control.
3. It’s comfortable
Unless there is the option of a chauffeur, everyone prefers driving themselves. There’s no struggling with bags as a bus or train wants to depart, your car’s comfortable, you can take a toilet stop if you like and you’ve probably got a little stash of delicious travel sweets in the glove box. It’s just nice to be in your own car, a little home from home before you leave. Taking your own car is the best option wherever you’re going and even more so when you’re off on holiday.
4. It’s convenient
There’s more to the joy of working to your own schedule when you drive your car to the airport than simply being in control. The Heathrow airport parking sites are really close to the terminal and with regular 24-hour transfer buses getting to the terminal is quick and totally stress-free. The best part is that when you get back from your holiday and you’re eager to get home, you can set off straightaway, no waiting around and with the Meet and Greet service your lovely vehicle could be waiting for you at the terminal.
5. It’s a great way to start your holiday
Combine your parking with a night in a Heathrow airport hotel and you’ll have the perfect start to your holiday. If you combine your Heathrow airport parking and hotel you can get amazing deals, so driving could even save you money on a wonderful experience. Enjoy a relaxing night in comfortable surroundings and get a head start on your holiday.
Other articles you may be interested in
- Travel Blog Directory - submit your site!
- Tips for promoting a Travel Blog
- New spin on guest posts
- Retweet this to get a pr4 travel link
- A couple of travel sites accepting guest posts
- Why I use Joomla for blogging
- Your 7 night Ibiza 2010 clubbing plan
- The Biggest Mistake Most Travel Blogs Make
- Writers block Part 2
- The Falkland Islands
- Discovering Canada
- The Safest World Cities for Tourists
- Submit a guest post
- A visit to Sin City
- Quick Guide to Lanzarote
- The only way is Orkney
- Top 5 activities for a great hen weekend in Barcelona.
- Picking Up a Bargain in Sharm El Sheikh
- Things to do in Cabo Frio
- The best places to shop in Melbourne
- Five of the World’s most Luxurious Train Journeys
- The American Great outdoors - a family trip
- Corsica the Isle of Wild Beauty, Rugged Mountains and Untainted Beaches
- What to do before heading off on a backpacking adventure
- How To Minimize Banking Fees When Overseas
- Tee-Time in Mauritius
- Top world surf holiday destinations
- Top 5 things to do in Mauritius
- Swimming in Mauritius
- The 8 Best Travel Accessories and Companions for Travellers
- Spa retreats: travel the world, without the trepidation
- 5 Must-See Attractions in Majorca
- 6 Ways You Can Travel The World For Free
- Australia’s Cutest Towns
- Weekend in Las Vegas
- 3 Solo Travel Tips
- The Cathedral of Amalfi: more than a century of history not to miss out on
- Five of Andalusia's Protected Areas that Must be Seen
- 4 Free Wi-Fi Finder Apps for the Digital Vagabond
- 3 of the Best Places for a Family Safari in Africa
- Dirt Cheap Airline Tickets
- Why York has Something For Everyone
- 5 Good Reasons to Visit Lanzarote
- What Makes a Great Melbourne Experience?
- Where is the Best Place to Pop the Question, Unconventionally
- Winter holiday in Barcelona
- 5 Ways to prepare for your Ski Holiday
- Learning a foreign language – how I did it
- Volunteer opportunities abroad is a chance to observe more of the world
- Cheap but Fancy Hotels to Try in New York City
- Top world surf holiday destina...
I really appreciated this article! Surf holidays a... More...
- Top 10 Holiday Spots in India
I'd love to visit India and found your article rea... More...
- Live Performance Shows in NYC ...
Spring is the month for jazz festivals – the River... More...
- Autumn Travel Ideas
I think Dubai is a place where you can visit in Au... More...
- Top 10 Holiday Spots in India
This is a great article here. India always looked ... More...